Looking for the perfect margarita to sip on this Cinco de Mayo ? This refreshing basil lime margarita is ready to party!
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been a fan of the tart and tangy. When I was younger, there was nothing better than a piece of lemon or lime or a bag of sour patch kids. When I turned 21, I quickly learned that a fresh and tangy margarita was far superior to a sweet and syrupy drink that so many places serve. Since then, I’ve learned to make my own margaritas, like this basil lime margarita, which is perfect on a warm spring day. Bonus points if you grow your own basil!
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 fresh basil leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Add tequila, simple syrup and lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Tear up the basil leaves and add them to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously and then pour the margarita into a glass filled with ice and rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a basil leaf.
In honor of Cinco de Mayo this Thursday, I have teamed up with Kate of ¡Hola! Jalapeño and other fabulous bloggers to bring you Margarita Week! You will find an amazing selection of margaritas for any occasion!
What’s your favorite kind of margarita? Do you prefer a traditional margarita or something fruity and sweet?