Football is back, which means it is officially tailgating season! I love getting together with friends to cheer on the team and enjoy tasty food and drink. If you are looking for the perfect recipe to bring to your next tailgate, be sure to try my crowd-pleasing buffalo chicken quinoa salad.
Everyone will love this healthy and flavorful buffalo chicken quinoa salad. It is filled with protein packed quinoa, grilled chicken, veggies, sharp blue cheese and spicy buffalo dressing. Serve the salad in individual cups so friends can easily grab and keep on celebrating.
Add a bit of festiveness to your tailgate with these fun Don’t Fumble coasters from Matrick and Eve. Your favorite drink will look perfect sitting atop one.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce like Frank's
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to the directions on the package. When the quinoa is finished, remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cook the chicken on the grill or on a grill pan. Let the chicken cool, shred it and add it to the mixing bowl along with the diced carrots, celery and tomatoes, and blue cheese crumbles.
- To make the buffalo sauce dressing, whisk the Frank's, olive oil and salt together until combined. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Top the salad with ranch dressing and blue cheese.
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest
Today’s post is part of The Blogger Bowl. College football season is here and I’m teaming up with a few bloggers to share everything from great tailgating recipes to the perfect game day look. Keep up with our posts on social media using the hashtag #thebloggerbowl and check out everyone’s blog for more great ideas:
Liz from Pretty Sweet Life | Molly from Hey There Sunshine | Aubry from Finding Beautiful Truth | Beth from Bethcakes | Meredith from Meredith Noelle | Rachel from Stupid Good Rachel | Katie from Twin Stripe
Is football included in your weekend plans? What delicious recipes will you be making? Find more of my favorite recipes, DIYs and more on my tailgating pinboard. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with touchdowns and treats.
Thanks to Matrick and Eve for providing me with the Don’t Fumble coasters. Please note that all opinions are my own.