It’s hard to believe it, but there are only a few games left in the college football season which mean there are only a few opportunities left to tailgate! Working at a university has truly improved my tailgating game. I see what foods are popular and what is leftover at the end of the game. If you are heading to a tailgate this weekend, here are a few tips to make you as popular as the starting quarterback on game day!
Chad and I are big Nebraska Cornhuskers fans! A big thanks to Tervis for the Husker tumbler.
- Create a sign up sheet to avoid 10 bags of chips and salsa. Send a Google doc to your friends and everyone can share what they plan to bring. Let everyone know what you will be making so the menu can be planned accordingly.
- Finger foods work best. It’s hard to juggle a plate, silverware, napkin and a drink when standing at a tailgate. Put together a hot dog slider bar or buffalo chicken quinoa salad cups for easy grab and go options.
- Keep your drinks cold (or warm) with a Tervis double-walled tumbler. There are over 250 college teams to choose from, so chances are, they have your favorite team.
- Make your tailgate space festive. When game day shopping, grab a bouquet of fresh flowers in the team’s colors. Place them in a pitcher so they are easy to transport.
- Don’t forget dessert. Make dessert simple and pick up a dozen donuts. Make them extra fancy by adding a special topping. If you’re ambitious, make themed cookies like Molly did for her Mississippi State Bulldogs.
Today’s post is part of The Blogger Bowl. College football season is here and I’m teaming up with a few bloggers to share everything from great tailgating recipes to the perfect game day look. Keep up with our posts on social media using the hashtag #thebloggerbowl and check out everyone’s blog for more great ideas:
Liz from Pretty Sweet Life | Molly from Hey There Sunshine | Aubry from Finding Beautiful Truth | Beth from Bethcakes | Meredith from Meredith Noelle | Rachel from Stupid Good Rachel | Katie fromTwin Stripe | Elizabeth from Lizzy is Dizzy
We’re giving away a game day prize pack! Our winner will receive one Collegiate Tervis Tumbler of their choice, a Stanley Brand Adventure Vacuum Crock, a set of coasters & a notepad from Matrick & Eve, a KIND Snacks Indulgence Cube, and a $30 Visa gift card to pick up your tailgate essentials.
The giveaway begins on November 6, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on November 18, 2015. Click on the Rafflecopter link below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck and have a wonderful weekend, whatever team you root for!