Hi friends! We have made it to Friday! Hooray!
If you are looking for a fun and simple holiday craft to do this weekend, I have just the thing for you. Susannah and I set up a craft table at Bright Blog Bash so our guests could make their own marbled ornaments to take home with them.
Keep reading to learn how to make festive ornaments!
You will need clear, plastic ornaments for this DIY. The night before the party, I removed the caps and swished a small amount of rubbing alcohol in each ornament to remove any excess dirt. Pour any excess rubbing alcohol out. The day of the party, we filled a footed pedestal bowl with the ornaments so everyone could easily grab them.
And now the fun part! Take your favorite paint colors and squeeze a generous amount down the sides of the ornament. Do this several times, alternating desired colors to create stripes inside the ornament. Rotate the ornament to create a marbled effect.
When you have finished marbling the ornament, place upside down in a cup so the excess paint can drain. Let the ornament dry overnight. Put the top back on the ornament, add a piece of ribbon and the ornament is ready to hang!
I love this DIY marbled holiday ornament because it was so fun and easy with minimal clean up. This Christmas Eve, why don’t you start a new tradition and marble ornaments with your family and friends.
Thanks to DecoArt for providing Bright Blog Bash with acrylic paints.All opinions and product sentiments are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Twin Stripe going!
And now it’s time for the Bright Blog Bash Holiday Giveaway!
Here is what we are giving away:
- $50 Amazon giftcard
- Lilly Pulitzer market tote from Swoozie’s
- KIND Bars
- Petal Pack, Pinrose
- Face Scrub and Body Wash, St. Ives
- Buffalo Check Cosmetic Case, Vera Bradley
- Hello Lashes Kit, It Cosmetics
- Signature Pens, Poppin
- NC BBQ Map, EDIA Maps
- Tea Sampler Kit, Goldsmith Teas
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. You can enter multiple times, up to 22 entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.)
- No purchase is necessary to win. Bonus entry requirements will be verified if selected as the winner, otherwise an alternate winner will be chosen. All opinions written are purely my own.
- The giveaway is open until Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $125. Open to U.S. and Canada residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Dec. 18, 2015.