Who’s excited to watch the Carolina Panther’s take on the Denver Broncos Sunday?Super Bowl weekend is almost here and whether you are in it for the football, half-time show or commercials, having the right food and drink is key! Today I’m sharing a delicious combo – spicy lime margaritas and roasted poblano corn dip. Keep reading to learn more about these tasty gave day favorites.
If you are looking for something other than beer to sip this gameday, a Skinnygirl Spicy Lime Margarita is a perfect balance of cool lime, spicy chili and tequila. It comes premixed, so you don’t have to spend your evening bartending. To make your margs extra fancy, rim the glasses with chili powder and corse salt. Garnish with a lime or piece of red pepper.
Spicy margaritas are perfect to enjoy along side the roasted poblano corn dip!
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese + more for topping
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat over to 425°F. Spray peppers with cooking spray or olive oil and place on a lined baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes per side or until the skin becomes wrinkly and charred. Transfer to bowl, cover and let steam 15 minutes. Remove the skin.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Deseed the poblano peppers and cut into strips. (I highly recommend you wear gloves when deseeding poblanos. Although they aren't extremely hot peppers, their seeds can burn your skin.)
- Place the peppers and black beans into a food processor or mini chopper and pulse until coarsely chopped. Place mixture into a large bowl along with other ingredients (minus cheese for topping the dip).
- Mix the ingredients and place in an oiled baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let the dip cool slightly and serve with tortilla chips and Skinny Girl Spicy Margaritas.
If you are heading to a Super Bowl party or relaxing on your own couch, I highly encourage you to try Skinnygirl Spicy Lime Margaritas and roasted poblano corn dip. If you are looking for more gameday goodies don’t miss:
Have a wonderful weekend and go Panthers go!