For as long as I can remember (or at least since high school), I’ve been using a Vera Bradley large duffel bag on the go. My duffel has traveled all over the US and Europe, but it’s ready for a beak. Lucky for me, Vera Bradley let me test run the Lighten Up Wheeled Carry On in Rio. Just last weekend I was able to test drive my bag when I traveled from Raleigh to St. Louis. Click through to learn more about this fantastic bag and some of my favorite packing tips.
The size of this bag is perfect, it holds all of my travel essentials for a long weekend. The bag is constructed of durable, lightweight fabric so it can be placed in an overhead bin with ease. The main compartment is roomy and easily fits the clothing, accessories and toiletries I needed for a few days of travel. Below the main pocket, there is a large pocket that will easily hold three pairs of shoes. The side pocket of the bag is great for smaller items like phone chargers and snacks.
Where you are using Lighten Up Wheeled Carry On or a different bag, here are a few of my favorite packing tips to make sure you always arrive at your destination in style.
- Pack pieces that match. Select two or three colors that look good together and stick to that color palette. It will cut down on packing time and make life easier when you arrive at your destination.
- Stuff your socks into your tennis shoes. Not only does it save space, it also helps keep the structure of your shoe.
- Keep a plastic bag in your luggage at all times. I typically use mine for dirty pieces of clothing, but you never know what you might need when traveling.
- Never check essential or valuable items such as prescriptions, jewelry, car keys, etc. You never know when your bag might go missing when traveling.
- Don’t forgot to pack accessories like scarves or costume jewelry to liven up an outfit. These pieces don’t take up a lot of space, but can make a big difference when you are running out of options.
If you are looking for a new a piece of luggage for your next vacation, be sure to stop by Vera Bradley and pick up a Lighten Up Wheeled Carry On or any other travel bag that meets your needs. You will not be disappointed!
Thanks to Vera Bradley for providing me with the Lighten Up Wheeled Carry On for review. Please note that all opinions are my own.