This summer, cool down with nostalgia inducing popsicles. Fresh and tangy watermelon lemonade mingles perfectly with everyone’s favorite childhood candy – Nerds.
It’s POPSICLE WEEK! Hooray! Last year I made strawberry lemon rosé pops and this year I’m mixing it up with watermelon lemonade Nerd popsicles. These pops start with fresh watermelon lemonade (if you have extra, enjoy with a splash of gin!) and then finish with everyone’s favorite childhood treat, Nerds! They are tangy and refreshing on a hot day. Click through to mix up your own!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 movie theatre box of Nerds candy
- Puree watermelon in a blender until it smooth. Strain through a mesh sieve so you only have watermelon juice.
- Combine watermelon juice, simple syrup, lemon juice and water. Stir until combined.
- Pour watermelon lemonade into popsicle molds. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and insert popsicle sticks and place 1-2 tsp of Nerds candy at the top of the mold.
Now how good do those sound? If they aren’t your thing, head over to Wit & Vinegar’s POPSICLE WEEK roundup to find even more tasty pops!
A huge thanks to Billy over at Wit & Vinegar who is the genius behind popsicle week. This year you will be able to find more delicious popsicles like Sprouted Root’s White Chocolate Bail Pop, No Spoon Necessary’s Raspberry Gin Fizz Popsicle and Don’t Push Meow’s Tiny Cherry Vanilla Pie Popsicle. That’s a lot of summer fun!