Do you prefer munching on something sweet or salty while watching a film?
The slightly soft, fluffy popcorn smothered in the topping of your choice is the classic movie snack. And why shouldn’t you have the same snack experience in your living room (but probably without the bafflingly messy floor) with more films and television being watched at your residence rather than at the movie theatre?
Popcorn is one of the world’s most widely known snacks. In movie theatres, sports events, carnivals, markets, (Seemingly anywhere!) popcorn is offered. There are a variety of ways by which it can be prepared. Before I list the different types of popcorn machines perfect for you, I will quickly take you through the basics of how popcorn makers work.
A typical popcorn maker is not very difficult for commercial use. Depending on the amount of popcorn eaten, commercial popcorn makers will stand anywhere from two to several feet high. Normally, the popcorn maker is a see-through package with a metal canister inside it with a heating element.
A coating of oil and a few hundred popcorn kernels are located inside the canister. The oil heats up to 400 to 460 Â°F when the heating unit is plugged in or placed in the ‘ON’ position. The seeds would then continue to pop out of and into the box of the metal canister, filling it up.
Since hot oil that can produce a high concentration of fat is the conventional method of making popcorn, alternative popcorn makers are available for use. One of the most health-conscious choices is the air popcorn manufacturer since it requires no oil at all. A heating device, a fan, and an enclosed air path are included in the air popcorn maker that vents into an open, sealed container.
The fan blows air over the heating part, through the path, and out of the vent when the device is operated. The popcorn kernels are positioned on top of the vent. They pop as if they were in a standard popcorn maker until the air is hot enough and it runs over the kernels, but without the fatty oils. While air poppers are designed mainly for the home, as they need less effort and cleaning, commercial models are becoming more common.
Except for actual movie theatre popcorn, nothing enhances the movie theatre experience.
It’s no wonder, either, because popcorn is one of the world’s most popular snacks.
Appearance is a big part of owning a machine for popcorn.
That’s part of what makes it so exciting to own a popcorn machine.
There are a few simple things you can aim for, whether or not you care regarding the aesthetic appeal.
- Quick to clean: If you have trouble washing your unit, you are not going to use it too much. If you’re going to invest money in a device, you’ll want to use it as much as you can.
- Non-stick surfaces: It would make cleanup a breeze if the kettle and warming plate is nonstick.
- Stirring mechanism: There should be some sort of stirring mechanism for your unit. This is how you’ll pop most of the kernels. Nobody wants uncooked popcorn.
As some of you may have learned the hard way, it is tough to make popcorn without a specialized system, which may lead to spillages with burnt or unpopped kernels.
These pitfalls can be dodged by popcorn makers by the ways they heat and stir, which differ from product to product.
Hot air is used by air-based popcorn producers to pop the corn, which helps to result in remarkably healthy popcorn.
If that sounds a little ascetic to your palate, after the popcorn is made, you can still add sauces or seasonings.
Using an oil-based popcorn machine is a more conventional and lenient choice.
These are usually designed to heat corn kernels on a metal surface with oil or butter, normally using a stirring method to avoid them sticking and burning the corn.
Some popcorn makers dependent on an oil work instantaneously, while others enable the user to run their stirring system manually by turning a handle.
It is also best to verify if your popcorn manufacturer of choice needs cooking oil to pop your corn conveniently.
A popcorn machine may feel like a spontaneous and extravagant buy, but while true popcorn lovers will choose to go for the high-end, there are a variety of cheaper alternatives that can do a comparable job. So, take a glance at our choices of the best popcorn makers before your next movie marathon.
I wanted something compact and went for the Lekue Microwave Popcorn Popper. It is a product that I would give to loved ones and a product that I can see myself buying again in the long term.
You would have to do a bit of work initially, though.
Every microwave is distinct, and various popcorn types pop at different times.
The Lekue Microwave Popcorn Popper is the most lightweight choice in our guide, at around the size of a cake pan when it collapses on itself, making it perfect for new homeowners. It makes a bowl of popcorn about the size of what would be created by a microwave box, so it’s better for trying to serve one or two people.
The bowl is made out of platinum silicone that is BPA-free, which is famous for its non-stick properties that allow quick cleaning. You will have to keep your eye (and ear) on it much as for any other microwave popcorn, or it will burn. When the popping stops, make sure to pull it out of the microwave.
I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Use around 1/4th cup or less of popcorn kernels.
2. For around two min, turn on high.
3. Stop it next when the popping starts to slow down.
4. Scoop the popped corn into a bowl.
5.The popper would have any un-popped kernels left in it.
6. For a minute or two, pop the leftover kernels.
7. Switch off and transfer to the bowl if the popping is nearly finished (1 second between pops).
- Quick Process
- Add the corn kernels, pop in the microwave, and enjoy!
- Large Capacity
- Add ingredients you prefer for flavor
- Over ninety percent of the corn kernels pop.
- Compact and Collapsible
- Does not use much space in your kitchen
- BPA free
- Made with 100% platinum silicone
- Easy to Clean
- Dishwasher Safe
- Includes tasty recipes
- Innovative design
- Easy to use
- Just fill to the line with popcorn kernels and pop in the microwave (for a minute and a half)
- The collapsible bowl provides easy storage
- Easy to clean because it is dishwasher safe
- The suction lid keeps popcorn from overflowing the bowl
- Eight inches in diameter by five inches in height (comes to 2 inches)
- May leave a few unpopped kernels in some situations
- If you wait until each kernel pops, some will eventually burn
Check the product out on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Lekue-Microwave-Popcorn-Popper-Maker/dp/
With the Excelvan Air Popcorn Maker, which is a classic popcorn maker, you can make tasty home popcorn. Excelvan, who promises to be one of the better choices out there, will make the snack worth up to sixteen cups for you to enjoy. It produces pops up to sixteen cups, and there is always enough for friends and family.
The small size, which is particularly useful if you have limited room in your kitchen, is one of the advantages of the Excelvan Air Popcorn Maker over some other brands. All you need to do is set it up, load your kernels, press a button, and put it off again.
- Plastic Housing and bottom
- Transparent PC Concentrator & Butter Spoon
- 100g Popcorn with Hot air (approx 2.5mins)
- Voltage: 220-240 V, 50 Hz
- Colour: Red/White
- Capability: 100 Watts, ETL Approved
- Product Size: 15.4*20.1*31.8cm
- Weight: 0.89kg
- By using hot air circulation, your popcorn is ready without oil or butter, making this a healthy snack.
- Measures 15.4 * 20.1 * 31.8 cm
- This popcorn maker is conveniently sized, so it will rest nicely on a table and is easy to put away.
- It has non-slip feet for safe use
- A spout is present so that the popcorn is easily released into a bowl placed below. (No mess anymore!)
- Simple and easy to use
- Excelvan Air Popcorn Maker takes minutes to heat up and create a fresh snack.
- Ideal for a cinema buff or a fitness fanatic who craves a snack.
- Sometimes, the corn pops, but not as crisp as you might like
Check the product out on Amazon here:
The best popcorn comes from freshly popped kernels. Nothing is comparable to the fresh popcorn aroma.
Although microwave popcorn may be a nice choice for your popcorn requirements, I am not appealed by the amount of fat that comes with it. Let’s not even mention the amount of un-popped kernels or the extra salt and chemical flavorings left at the bottom of the container. I can never work out how to configure the popcorn to come out correctly in my microwave. I still end up burning the popcorn in the bag, leaving me disappointed as I stream my movie.
A natural kernel is turned into a nutritious and tasty snack by getting yourself a popcorn machine. While trying to recreate the charm of the theatre experience, fresh popcorn fascinates an audience of family members and friends. Purchasing your popcorn machine is the perfect way to go, for a safe snack that comes out right all the time.
A popcorn machine presents them with a fun and nutritious snack if you have children in the home. Popcorn machines are also great for enjoying movies that carry the joy of the movie theatre straight into your living room when their guests come over. It is quick to use a popcorn machine, making it healthy and enjoyable for teens or someone else to work.
In conclusion, when it comes to popcorn, nothing ever suits the movie theatre experience. I spoke about how popcorn machines operate in this blog post and what to look for while buying one. I also talked about a few famous Amazon popcorn machines. As much beneficial popcorn machines are, they’re not essential. Here is why. If you have recently started out getting your home set up, you’ll want to begin with minimal appliances first.