I’m sure you love your kitchen as much as your living space.
I would say, your picture-perfect house deserves an equally picturesque kitchen space. Just like kitchen appliances, fittings and lightings, one of the key elements to add to the beauty of your kitchen is a stylish faucet.
From making meals, doing preparations, cleaning dishes, washing veggies, filling pots for cooking, to watering plants â€“ you need a kitchen faucet to keep doing these tasks without hassle. A kitchen sink is not of any use without an efficient faucet.
Taps not only enhance the entire look of the kitchen but also make your everyday life easier.
By installing an efficient kitchen tap, you are adding some extra few hours to your day without even knowing. Sounds surprising? Well, when you have a multifunctional tap that helps you get your chores done in a jiffy, you will obviously have some added time in your hand at the end of the day.
Looking forward to giving a makeover to your kitchen?
Congratulations, you have come to the right place.
Don’t know where to begin?
I suggest, first and foremost, you should consider investing in some good quality, premium looking taps. Look for the ones that are multifunctional and also add to the beauty quotient of your kitchen.
Don’t have much experience in buying taps?
Worry not. I am here to help you out.
I have curated a list of all the best taps that are available in the market. Feel free to pin this article for some reference while you go tap shopping!
Different Types of Taps
Kitchen taps come in all shapes and sizes. You can choose the one that is perfect for you depending on the size of your kitchen, your lifestyle, the size of your sink, the number of holes in your sink, your personal style preference etc. Taps are of multiple kinds depending on style, shape and design. Let’s have a look!
Single Handle Tap
You will see single handle faucets almost everywhere you go. They are very common for households. Without a doubt, they are ergonomic and long-lasting. They require almost zero maintenance and are perfect to suit your daily needs. Single handle taps come with one lever that you can turn sideways or up and down to get the desired water temperature that you are looking for. These taps are popular for their simplicity and usability.
Dual handle faucets work almost in the same way as single handle ones. The only difference is that the dual handle tap has two separate levers for cold and warm water. The two levers are attached to the central piece of the faucet. If you are using a dual handle, you don’t have to waste time adjusting water temperature. These taps are similar to the ones you fit in your bathroom, that require separate connections for cold and warm water. These taps mainly serve the purpose of beauty. Dual-handle faucets are not as common as single-handle ones.
Pull Down Tap
Pull-down taps are very popular these days. These taps come with a spray wand. You can pull down the wand straight into the sink to make optimum use of your faucet. You can literally reach every corner of your pile of dishes and get your work done in a jiffy. They are highly functional for a busy kitchen.
Pull Out Tap
The name of this tap is pretty self-explanatory. It comes with a detachable handle that you can easily pull out when you need to.
In case of the pull-out tap, the detachable spray hose comes towards you in a straight line, whereas if it is a pull-down tap, you can only pull it downward.
Motion Detect Tap
These taps are also known as hands-free faucets. These are the latest innovative additions to the faucet family.
They come with spectacular design and even more impressive technology. The tap has an in-built sensor that can identify movements.
When you are busy working in a kitchen, with food and grease stuck to your hands, this faucet comes to your rescue.
You don’t have to worry about any dirt getting onto the surface of the faucet.
This is the most hygienic faucet design, to say the least.
Commercial Style Tap
Commercial or fusion style taps have a minimalist design, and they are best suited for modern kitchens. They are great in terms of durability and functionality. They are mostly used in restaurant kitchens, but nowadays companies have started making smaller taps to suit home kitchens as well.
They boast an industrial design that makes them sturdier than any other kind of taps.
There are taps that have an additional sprayer attached to it. It is more flexible in terms of usage. The central piece will work like regular taps when you are not using the sprayer.
While you can use almost all kinds of taps for filling pots, there are special kinds of taps that are specifically meant for filling large utensils. These kinds of taps are extremely useful for restaurant kitchens or commercial kitchens. This type of tap has a unique design that allows the tap to move in an outward direction to fill the pot placed on the sink.
Which One Works Best?
Now that I told you there is not just one, but numerous types of taps, you must be wondering which one works the best. Because after all, you need your faucet to be useful and productive.
I always preferred single handle pull downs, because they are simple, and they just do what they are supposed to do, i.e, give me an unconditional supply of water.
But I have changed my mind.
Why, you ask?
Well, pull-downs are definitely the most user-friendly ones, but unless you explore new technology, you will never understand what you have been missing.
I told you about the motion-detect taps.
This is, without exaggeration, the best modern solution for all kitchen troubles.
You don’t need to touch the faucet with your food-stained hands. It does everything on its own!
Since there is no touch involved, there is very little maintenance that needs to be done. How amazing is that?
But it comes with its own issues.
While regular pulldowns or any other kinds last almost twenty years, hands-free taps often fail to reach that height. Sensors don’t always cooperate.
However, the reputed kitchen fittings brands are coming up with products that promise a much longer life, and some even come with a limited lifetime warranty. So why not experiment a little?
Keeping all of this in mind, I would say that choose the tap that you feel you will be most comfortable working with.
If you are good at adapting to new technologies, go for the latest innovations.
The dual handles and pull-outs are great in terms of usability. If you love the traditional pieces, feel free to choose them.
You can never really go wrong with a good old’ single handle.
Tap Filter: What is it?
It’s 2020, and faucets have evolved as much as humans have.
So it’s time to upgrade your kitchen as well. To get a continuous supply of fresh and uncontaminated water, tap filters come handy.
Now, this is a crucial part.
At times, you may not like the chlorinated smell of your regular tap water. If you want clean, safe water from your tap but do not want to make a burn in your pocket, then you may consider a tap filter.
Faucet water filters come with cartridges that help in filtering water.
You need to replace these cartridges every few months to ensure full functioning.
Why should you install a tap filter?
- Because safety first. Your and your family’s health should be your first priority. The filters don’t work as well as purifiers, but the filter cartridges remove most pollutants that may cause health hazards or waterborne diseases.
- Drinking water from plastic bottles is not at all a healthy practice. After installing a tap filter, you can ditch the harmful plastic bottles and drink your water directly by filling a glass from the tap.
- You will get water that is free from the smell of chlorine. Nothing like drinking water as fresh as snow!
- Harmful metals may get mixed with your water through soil or through the water pipes. Filters remove any such presence of metals and provide you crystal clear water.
- Since you will use the kitchen tap water for all regular kitchen chores such as cooking, drinking, cleaning etc, it is safe to invest in a filter.
However, let me tell you that if your area has serious water issues, then you should opt for better purifying techniques. Water filters are usually tiny in size and cannot filter too much water at a time. So for mild pollutants and minor water issues, you can consider a tap filter.
Here is a list of the best taps you can buy in 2020:
- Delta 9178T-AR-DST Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Moen 7294SRS Arbor Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet
- Peerless P299305LF
- Kohler Sous Pro-Style Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
- Moen 7185SRS Brantford One-Handle Faucet
- Kohler K-596 Simplice Pull Down Faucet
- Kraus KPF 1650SS Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Brizo Artesso 63225LF
- Hansgrohe Talis SÂ² Easy Install Single Handle
- AmazonBasics Modern Single-Handle Kitchen Pull-Down Sprayer Faucet
- Grohe Concetto Single-Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet with Dual Spray
- Pfister LF-WK1-680S Cagney Faucet
Before You Buy :
Before we move on to the detailed list consisting of the pros and cons of these faucets, here are a few things you might want to consider before buying a new tap:
i) Prefer Quality Over Looks
Yes, we all love a fancy looking faucet adorning our kitchen sink.
But when you are buying them, remember your priorities.
You don’t want something that only looks good and is less functional.
Always go for products that have a longer life, and are convenient in terms of usability.
But in order to keep the overall aesthetics of your kitchen in place, consider something that goes well with the furnishings of your kitchen.
Most of the faucets these days are very easy to install, and you can do it by yourself without professional help.
Worried that you will mess up the entire thing and have your house flooded with water?
In that case, you can always get help from a professional plumber.
Before buying your faucet, ask your local stores if they have parts of the faucet available. Do make sure you ask them about the particular brand or model that you wish to buy.
This way, if the tap malfunctions, you can easily replace the faulty parts. In the case of changing minor parts, self-help is the best.
You don’t really need professionals for that little work.
The market is full of taps with different features and various prices.
Choose your faucet keeping in mind your budget. If you are installing it in a restaurant kitchen, you might want to invest in something high-end, whereas for your home, you can easily find a budget faucet.
Want a high-end faucet for your house kitchen?
You still have plenty of options. But hey, don’t spend a fortune just for buying a tap.
v) The Number of Holes in Your Sink
Most kitchen sinks come with three holes: One under the spout, one for hot and one for cold water. Check the product description of the faucet before buying, so that you don’t buy taps that require more sinkholes than your sink has. Don’t skip this tip while choosing your faucet!
vi) Ceramic Valves
Faucet valves can be made of different kinds of materials.
Ceramic valves cost almost the same as other valves. But they have a higher rate of longevity. If you are fretting about getting leakage in your tap, here is good news for you.
Ceramic valves are not just durable but also lower the chances of water leakage from your tap.
Nowadays, most brands prefer ceramic valves over any other material.
vii) Faucet Height
Choose your faucet height according to your need and convenience. Also, keep in mind the size of your sink where you will be installing the tap.
viii) Hose Length
I know, this doesn’t seem like an important thing to consider.
But I strongly suggest that checking hose length is necessary because you might want to use it for purposes such as watering plants or even cleaning.
After all, you are looking for something multifunctional, aren’t you?
Most kitchen taps these days are backed by the company’s warranty.
Before you buy, don’t forget to check how many years of warranty the brand is offering.
Many leading companies provide their customers with a limited lifetime warranty.
This basically means that once you get your hands on the product, you can relax for long.
A few brands offer a no-questions-asked replacement policy.
There are also companies that hold a policy such as the product is only covered in warranty if you purchase it from the original seller.
Some brands offer 2-years or 5-years warranty on internal parts of the faucet.
I suggest, go for products that offer a lifetime warranty.
And read the descriptions of the product with all your focus.
x) Customer Service
Before you decide which model you are going to buy, find out how the brand’s customer service is.
In case a part of your faucet is damaged, the customer service should take care of it.
This is a tip people often miss out on.
But hey, you are a smart buyer. I know that!
xi) The intensity of Use:
Keep in mind the intensity of your daily work. If you have to do heavy loads of kitchen work regularly, you should choose a faucet that is sturdy enough.
You can go for high or medium range products.
And conversely, if the intensity is less, you can refrain from investing too much in your faucet.
xii) Decorative Plate and Soap Dispenser
As I told you earlier, faucets are mounted on holes that are already existing on your sink.
If after installing the tap, there is a sinkhole left uncovered, a decorative plate or escutcheon comes to your rescue.
It covers up the unattended hole and maintains the aesthetic of your kitchen.
Most of the faucets these days come with a decorative plate, in case you need one.
They definitely keep the beauty standards intact, but at times it becomes difficult to clean the buildup under these plates.
It also becomes a little tricky to notice leakage, unless you are very careful.
Some companies also include free soap dispensers along with the faucet. Since they match the style and finish of the faucet, the kitchen looks decked up.
If you are installing a tap in your new house, then you can choose according to your need, personal style and preference. Keep in mind the overall theme or interior of the kitchen. And if you are installing a faucet as a part of a kitchen makeover, then make sure you get your plumbing professional to check the previous hardware and water lines for you. If you have any past experience of leaking taps or leaking hose, fix these issues before setting up the new faucet. Be conscious, save water!
Best recommended kitchen faucet brands:
If you look out for it, the market is full of different brands trying to lure you with their products. It’s easy to get confused. In my opinion, before you go for faucet shopping, you should know which ones are the best in the business.
Since we are talking about the leading companies here, there are a few that I must mention. Delta, Moen, Pfister, Kraus, Grohe etc are some of the companies that you can look out for. You can find a wide range of productsâ€“ varying from mid-end to high-end.
There are other brands like AmazonBasics, American Standard, Pfister, Hansgrohe, Brizo, Chicago Faucet etc, who manufacture reliable and good quality products.
While looking for a tap to buy, you will come across hundreds of them with almost similar features and designs. Don’t get too overwhelmed! Here is a list of the best taps in the market in 2020. You have options galore to choose from!
1.Delta 9178T-AR-DST Kitchen Sink Faucet
Although on the expensive side, Delta 9178T-AR-DST Kitchen Sink Faucet definitely has to be on top of the list. Delta offers an assortment of aesthetically designed faucets for your kitchen. Delta has implemented the latest technology to create this faucet that comes with a touch system. Basically, all you have to do is, touch anywhere on the spout to turn the tap on or off. This ensures that your faucet stays clean even after exhaustive usage.
- The faucet comes with an ultramodern touch on and touch off technology.
- The tap has an LED light located at the base of it. It changes colour when there is a change in water temperature so that you are not surprised or shocked. The light also indicates battery status.
- It has a unique ShieldSpray that helps in quick and efficient cleaning without splattering water everywhere.
- DIAMOND seal technology makes sure the faucet runs smoothly for years. The system ensures that there is no fear of water leakage.
- The product is easy to install.
- Clean-up becomes easier. You don’t need to waste time to soak or scrub your dishes.
- Touch-Clean spray holes are easy to clean just with the touch of a finger.
- Powered by battery or AC.
- The faucet has a lifetime limited warranty from Delta.
- All the electronic parts are backed by a 5-year electronic parts warranty.
- The touch feature is definitely a boon.
- Motion sensors are highly responsive.
- The faucet has a stylish sleek design.
- The tap has no problems with water leakage.
- No need to worry about a messy kitchen top.
- There is an auto turn-off function that shuts down the tap if it has been running for 4 minutes at a stretch. This is great for those with kids at home who might turn on the faucet by accident. This feature helps in saving water.
- It has a long-lasting life.
- The only drawback is that the price is on the higher side.
If you are really fond of modern technologies and are willing to buy an investment tap, this has to be it. Yes, it is expensive. But it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. A high-end product like this one is sure to last for a really long time.
Find this on Amazon
2. Moen 7294SRS Arbor Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet
Next, we have a Pull-Out tap by Moen. Moen 7294SRS Arbor Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet is on the expensive side, but it is totally worth the money. Let’s take a look at this product.
- The Moen Arbor boasts a spot resistant technology that does not allow water spots or finger spots to taint the body of the faucet. This ensures the product retains its newness even after years of use.
- Comes with a power clean spray technology that makes it easier to perform daily works. It claims to be 50 per cent more powerful than regular pull-out or pull-down faucets.
- You can install the faucet easily by following instructions.
- You can install it through 1 or 3 holes. It comes with an optional deck plate.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The design comes with two spray modes. One has a steady aerated stream suitable for regular cleaning. Another mode is meant for a more powerful washing or for heavy work. You can switch between these two modes just by clicking a button.
- The tap comes with a pause button to stop the water flow.
- The product is available in 4 different colours, namely Chrome, Matte Black, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Spot-Resist Stainless.
- The pause button makes sure that water is not wasted.
- The hose is of perfect length. There is no need for additional hose extension.
- The spray modes are extremely user-friendly.
- The faucet has an elegant look.
- You can easily clean the tap without any hassle.
- Some users have complained about leakage from the tap.
- The product is on the expensive side.
- The sprayer is made of plastic, making it prone to crack or leak.
- Some users have reported problems like restricted water flow.
Overall, the product is a good choice for your kitchen sink. The faucet is of the perfect heightâ€“ neither too high nor too low. I agree this may not be the most budget-friendly buy. If you are willing to shell out some money on a quality product, this faucet is definitely worth it.
Find this on Amazon
3. Peerless P299305LF
Now that we have looked at some high-end faucets, let’s move on to a budget-friendly product. This one comes with a simple yet efficient design, and is well-suited for daily work.
- The Peerless P299305LF gives you a limited lifetime warranty.
- The faucet is designed to fit into 2 holes.
- It is a wall-mounted faucet.
- The tap can swivel 360 degrees to make your daily tasks easier.
- It has a beautiful design and is quite flexible.
- The faucet has two separate handles that give you complete control over setting the temperature.
- The product is extremely budget-friendly.
- For all the minimalists out there, you will surely love its simple design.
- The product has great functionality.
- It comes with a convenient high-arc swan neck that makes washing dishes and filling pots much easier.
- You can easily fill big pots because of the high arc design of the tap.
- The faucet doesn’t have any leakage problems.
- The vintage look adds a spark to the interior of the kitchen.
- Most importantly, the product is backed by Delta, one of the most reputed faucet brands.
- The faucet offers limited colour options.
- You need to buy supply lines separately, as they are not included with the faucet.
- Handles are not the sturdiest, but they work just fine.
If you are fond of simplistic traditional designs and have a tight budget to maintain, this is the tap for you. The specifications are nothing extraordinary, but users love this model for its simplicity and usability.
Find this on Amazon
4. Kohler Sous Pro-Style Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
The Kohler Sous Pro-Style Single-Handle Faucet comes with a single lever and looks very stylish. This kitchen tap has all the goodness of a professional style faucet. At the same time, the product is convenient to use. It is the perfect blend of traditional design and innovative technologies. This works great for commercial as well as domestic kitchens.
- Kohler Sous Pro-Style Faucet comes with a soap dispenser.
- The faucet has ceramic disc valves that ensure its longevity.
- Convenient single lever handle enables you to perform your daily kitchen tasks with much ease.
- The faucet has excellent control and flexibility.
- It has a magnetic arm connected to the sprayhead that helps the sprayer stay securely at one place.
- The spray head is multifunctional, allowing both stream and sweep spray.
- The spray head is touch-control enabled.
- It comes with a high-arc spout.
- A 3 hole sink adapter plate is included with the faucet.
- The surface of the faucet is easy to clean. Even after regular use, the tap retains its look.
- You can easily adjust the water temperature.
- The spray head is easy to detach to suit the task you are doing.
- You can move the magnetic arm according to your convenience.
- The tap looks elegant and adds to the beauty of your kitchen.
- You can easily install this even without the help of a professional.
- You don’t need to worry about any sort of leakage.
- Some users complain that you need to keep holding the button for spraying, which can be annoying for sure.
- The nozzle is made of plastic, which is not expected from a high-end product like this.
- Not very useful for hands-free dishwashing.
The name Kohler itself guarantees quality. Like all Kohler products, this one too comes with a one-year warranty. Apart from a few drawbacks, the faucet is highly functional. If a Kohler is all you are looking for, feel free to choose this one.
Find this on Amazon
5. Moen 7185SRS Brantford One-Handle Faucet
Next, we have a traditional design faucet from Moen. Classic design equipped with modern amenities is what makes this product so attractive. The faucet fits best in kitchens that have a traditional interior.
- The body of the faucet is coated with premium materials to protect it from any sort of spots.
- It is easy to install.
- You can install your tap through 1 or 3 holes. The escutcheon is included with the product.
- Premium technical design makes sure that the spray head stays in one place.
- The product complies with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) specifications.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- You can choose from three variants. The faucet is available in the colors Chrome, Oil-rubbed Bronze and Spot Resistant Stainless.
- The traditional look adds to the beauty of the product. It looks elegant in almost all kitchens, irrespective of the style. But it looks the best in traditional style kitchens.
- All three colours look equally beautiful.
- The stain-free body makes it easy for cleaning up.
- The faucet comes with an extra-long 68-inch hose. If you have plants to water, this is definitely good news for you.
- The spray head has two different streams, one for regular work and another for more powerful tasks.
- One handle makes it convenient to use.
- The sensors work well.
- The tap does not provide very powerful water flow.
- There have been some isolated complaints regarding water dripping.
- We also came across complaints about hose failure.
- The product is quite expensive.
While the stainless steel model may not look the best, its spot resistant technology is great for you if you hate the hassle of cleaning up. The other two variants, bronze and chrome, look picture perfect in all traditionally styled kitchens. If you are looking for a long-lasting, high-end branded product, I would totally recommend this Moen faucet.
Find this on Amazon
6. Kohler K-596 Simplice Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
The Kohler K-596 Simplice Pull Down Kitchen Faucet is a perfect fit for all your daily tasks at the kitchen. Its unique design and functionality make this product highly popular among buyers.
- The faucet comes with a pull-down spray head that functions three ways. It is equipped with a touch control panel. This allows you to easily switch from stream to sweep spray.
- Sweep spray is the perfect solution to all the tasks that require strong water force.
- It is equipped with Boost technology that gets activated when you press the button on the touch panel. This technology automatically increases the water flow by 30%.
- Magnetic docking system keeps the sprayhead securely in one place.
- As I mentioned earlier, ceramic disc valves last the longest. This one comes with ceramic disc valves, so you can easily rely on the faucet for the rest of your life.
- The surface is easy to clean, comes with a layer to protect the body from corrosion or build-up.
- The high-arc spout is convenient for filling large pots and washing a huge pile of dishes.
- The single handle makes things less complicated.
- The faucet comes with a temperature memory.
- Like most Kohler faucets, the process of installation is quite easy.
- The tap has a powerful water force.
- The product is durable.
- It looks beautiful and has a functional design.
- The faucet is backed by Kohler’s limited lifetime warranty.
- The product is affordable.
- Some people have complained about leakage.
Apart from a few negative reviews, buyers have highly appreciated the product, its overall design, functionality and affordability. I feel there could have been a few more variants of the model. Apart from a few of these issues, I would totally recommend this to you to give a makeover to your kitchen.
Find this on Amazon
7. Kraus KPF 1650SS Kitchen Sink Faucet
Kraus is a well-known manufacturer of kitchen faucets. The company has a wide range of collections consisting of faucets of various kinds, including bathroom and kitchen faucets. Their products are characterized by their classy design and affordability.
It was quite a task to single out one kitchen faucet out of the plethora of products they have to offer. But I did the hard work so that you don’t have to. Here I have for you the Kraus KPF 1650SS Kitchen Sink Faucet.
- First and foremost, the product is eco-friendly. It takes care that no water gets wasted by dripping.
- The faucet is entirely made from lead-free materials.
- It is sure to last for a long long time.
- The faucet can perform a dual function for optimum utilisation. There is a strong pull-down sprayer as well as a stream option available.
- The magnetic docking technology keeps the sprayhead in one place securely.
- The faucet is covered by Kraus Lifetime Warranty and customer service.
- It is available in two variants â€“ Stainless steel and Chrome. You can choose one depending on the overall color scheme and theme of your kitchen.
- You can easily install it on your own by following instructions.
- Extremely smart design.
- The tap uses the Neoperl aerator that minimizes the chances of water splashing everywhere around the sink. A clean kitchen is a healthy kitchen.
- The faucet does not include any plastic parts.
- If you have a shallow sink, you cannot really avoid splashing, as the faucet is pretty tall.
- Some have reported minor leaking problems.
- Not suitable for thick decks.
Kraus is an expert at achieving the impeccable blend of modern design, durability and utility in their products. This faucet overall is a good choice for anyone who doesn’t like plastic parts on their taps and has an eye for beauty.
Find this on Amazon
8. Brizo Artesso 63225LF
Brizo (by Delta) is an award-winning luxury brand for kitchen fittings. They create products that are not only highly functional and modern but also extremely fashionable. Although I do not recommend such a huge investment for a kitchen tap, the Brizo Artesso does deserve a special mention here. Made with superior quality materials, the faucet is surely going to impress everyone who sets their eyes upon the product. The Brizo Artesso 63225LF is a work of art.
- The tap is backed with a limited lifetime warranty from Brizo. The warranty covers the entire faucet piece along with its finish.
- Has a unique state-of-the-art design.
- It comes with a pull-out spray faucet head equipped with magnetic docking.
- The spout arm can swivel a complete 360 degrees.
- The model is available in different colors, including Stainless Steel, Venetian Bronze, Luxe Gold, Polished Nickel, and Chrome.
- It is very easy to adjust the height of the faucet according to your need.
- The hose is semi-flexible to ensure the convenience of the user.
- It looks fashionable.
- The faucet comes with ceramic cartridges.
- It is durable and highly functional.
- It has a great water force.
- The rubber nozzles prevent any sort of build-up.
- The faucet requires the least amount of maintenance.
- It is very expensive.
- Doesn’t include escutcheon or cover plate.
Other than these, the product doesn’t really have a shortcoming.
I totally agree that the product is beyond the normal budget. If you are a luxury lover and want a premium piece to adorn your kitchen, you might consider this product. The quality is definitely unquestionable, and so is the design.
Find this on Amazon
9. Hansgrohe Talis SÂ² Easy Install Single Handle
The Hansgrohe Single Handle faucet testifies for the great craftsmanship and latest technology that the company has to offer. This one comes in a beautiful single handle model and helps you in the kitchen like a trusted old friend.
- The faucet has a modern German design that enhances the interior of your house.
- It has a flexible spout.
- The faucet is equipped with 2 different spray modes â€“ Laminar and Needle spray.
- The tap is made of solid brass.
- It has high quality ceramic cartridges.
- You need to purchase the baseplate and soap dispenser separately.
- Easy installation.
- Easy-to-Clean Silicone Nozzles.
- The faucet is available in 2 finishes â€“ Chrome and steel optic.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It is easy to keep the faucet clean owing to its superb finish.
- Ceramic cartridges ensure that the product lasts for years.
- Quality is great.
- The contemporary look of the faucet makes your kitchen shine brighter than ever.
- You need to pay extra if you want a base plate or soap dispenser.
- The spray is prone to leakage.
- It is expensive.
Customers who bought this product mostly had good things to say. If you love contemporary design faucets that are stylish yet practical, go for this one.
Find this on Amazon
10. AmazonBasics Modern Single-Handle Kitchen Pull-Down Sprayer Faucet
AmazonBasics has introduced its collection of faucets that are aesthetically pleasing and at the same time very useful. The AmazonBasics Modern Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Faucet combines all the qualities of a pricey faucet at a very affordable price.
- The faucet is equipped with a double-function sprayer.
- It has a flexible pull-down sprayer.
- The faucet comes with a deck plate.
- The body of the tap is coated with durable zinc alloy.
- It has a waterway made of brass.
- The product is easy to install.
- The tap is available in two different varieties â€“ Satin Nickel and polished chrome finish.
- It is covered by AmazonBasics’ limited one year warranty.
- This tap is highly affordable.
- The faucet looks extremely elegant. It instantly changes the aesthetics of your kitchen.
- Follow the instructions carefully to install the product with ease.
- It is a high-quality product in this price range.
- This one is sturdy enough to be used as a commercial faucet.
- Some isolated complaints about leaking.
- The product comes with only one year warranty.
If you want to move a little away from the usual Deltas and Moens, you can try this one out. The product has excellent user reviews, and it is easy on your pocket too!
Find this on Amazon
11. Grohe Concetto Single-Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet with Dual Spray
The faucets from Grohe are known for their simple yet smart design. The taps have a reputation for running smoothly for years. The faucets have efficient water flow and excellent temperature control.
- The Grove Concerto kitchen faucet needs a single hole installation.
- It is equipped with a flow strainer.
- The spout can swivel 100 degrees.
- It comes with a medium spout.
- The tap has a great flow rate.
- It has dual spray control. You can easily switch between regular water flow and spray.
- It has a SpeedClean technology that ensures there is no lime build-up within the faucet.
- The piece is easy to install.
- The faucet is coated with Grohe StarLight finish that keeps its beauty intact even after years.
- The product is backed with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has a functional pull out spray.
- The product is available in two different finishes, including Chrome and SuperSteel.
- People love this model for its unique and contemporary design. This basically looks like an artistic piece beautifying your kitchen.
- It has a perfectly engineered German quality.
- All parts are made of solid metal.
- The handle motion of the faucet is smooth.
- Grohe’s customer service is great.
- The product is high-priced.
This Grohe model exudes quality and style, without a doubt. It adds a touch of quality and efficiency to your kitchen. If it was possible to ignore the heavy price tag, this product would probably get all five stars.
Find this on Amazon
12. Pfister LF-WK1-680S Cagney Faucet
If you are looking for a tap that is more like a one-stop solution for all your kitchen tasks, take a look at the Pfister LF-WK1-680S Cagney Faucet.
- The faucet has ceramic disc valves that ensure lifelong service and no leakage.
- The product is compliant with ADA requirements, making it user-friendly for disabled persons.
- It comes with a designer side spray.
- The product is made with lead-free materials.
- The faucet has a high arc spout.
- It requires a 3 hole installation.
- The product is covered by a limited 5-year warranty.
- It is affordable.
- Easy to install.
- The faucet looks great.
- It has a flexible and functional design.
- High arc spout helps in getting kitchen chores done faster.
- If you want to repair the product or replace a part, it can be costly.
- Since it has a high-arc spout, spilling is inevitable if you have a shallow sink.
This faucet is good for you if you are looking for a budget tap with good design and utility.
Find this on Amazon
Taking care of your faucet :
You install a beautiful, shiny faucet.
But a few years down the line, it may lose its metallic finish if you don’t take proper care of it. No one likes a stained faucet that tarnishes the look of the kitchen.
The faucet manufacturing brands have heard your pleas. They have introduced easy to clean taps for your kitchen.
All you need is a little bit of time and effort on your part to maintain your faucet so that it keeps running smoothly.
1.Taking Regular Care
Right after you are done with your kitchen work, wipe the faucet with a damp cloth, followed by another gentle wipe with a dry cloth. The outer coating of the faucet is more susceptible to get damaged with regular wear and tear. So while doing your regular cleaning, make sure to not use any cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals. With regular care, you will be able to retain the beauty of the faucet for a great deal of time.
2. Deep Cleaning
Every once in a while, preferably after a month or two, opt for deep cleaning of your faucet. If the water is hard, you need to take extra care. Chemical residues can cause long term trouble in your faucet piece unless you get rid of them on a regular basis. Nowadays a lot of faucets have touch clean technology, where you can clean all the build-up with just the touch of a finger. However, if the buildup is harsh, you need to clean the parts with a mild cleanser. You can also use vinegar mixed with water.
3. Remove Water Spots
With daily use, it is common to notice water spots or even grease and finger spots on the body of the faucet. That is why a little bit of cleaning every day goes a long way. Try to get rid of the water spots regularly before they become too stubborn to remove. However, using strong chemicals is a big no-no.
4. Choose Faucet Finish Wisely
While purchasing a tap for your kitchen, you will come across several variants of a model. Don’t go just by the looks. Read the labels properly and choose a finish that doesn’t get worn off easily.
5. In Case of Repair
If a part begins to malfunction, contact your customer service immediately for a replacement if the warranty is not over yet. Plenty of companies offer a limited lifetime warranty. Before you purchase the product, read the terms and conditions with the utmost attention. In case the warranty has expired, go to your nearest plumbing supplies store to get a replacement part for your faucet. More often than not these parts are easy to change, so you can do it on your own.
6. Keep the Drain Clean
Besides keeping the faucet clean, occasionally clean your drain as well. You can use any mild cleaning substance to keep your sink free from any accumulated dirt or layers of cleaning residues.
7. Clean the Aerators
With daily use, faucet aerators can get clogged by minerals. You will find the aerator near the tip of your spout. Try to clean the aerators at least once a year. You can use any cleaning substance that is not harsh, or you can clean it with a little amount of vinegar.
8. What If It Starts Leaking?
No faucets are completely perfect.
Don’t take matters into the hand if you notice a leakage in your faucet or hose. Immediately contact a plumbing professional to get it fixed for you.
Faucets are a long term investment for your household.
Just like any other fittings, taps require regular care and maintenance to keep adding value to your life.
Most products these days are designed in such a way that you don’t need to put too much effort into cleaning them.
This applies to both high-end and low-end products.
With a little touch of care everyday, you can have your kitchen faucet running smoothly for years.
Now that you know the best taps that are available in 2020, I hope you have some clarity as to which one you want to choose.
I have included faucets of various budgets, styles and designs to suit different preferences.
First of all, ask yourself what you need for your kitchen.
Decide whether your focus is on utility, or on aesthetics, or on both.
Then accordingly, determine which tap suits the best for your household.
Choose wisely because taps are long term products. Once you purchase it, it is going to be there with you for several years to come.
From contemporary to classic, expensive to money-saving â€“ you have all the options in the world to choose from.
Housework can be tedious at times.
But when you have the right interior, setting, furnishings and appliances, even mundane works seem fun.
In 2020, taps are no longer boring.
They have absorbed all the goodness of technology.
After going through all the products mentioned above, I’m sure you have been able to understand how much the faucet industry has improved.
From classic to contemporary, expensive to money-savingâ€“ you have all the options to choose from.
Now you’re all set to give your kitchen the much-awaited makeover!