When I first learned of chocolate covered gummy bears on Cupcakes & Cashmere, I made it my mission to try them. When I finally got my hands on them, I fell in love with the combo of creamy chocolate and a fruity gummy. This year for Valentine’s Day, I decided to make my own dipped gummies for friends and family. Keep reading to learn how to make your own sweet treats!
- 4 oz melting chocolate (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 bag of gummy bears
- Parchment paper
- Tooth picks
- Prepare a baking sheet or tray with a piece of parchment paper. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. (If you choose to melt the chocolate in the microwave, melt in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each.)
- Gently stick one of the gummy bear on to the tooth pick. (Don't push to hard because it need to easily come off of the tooth pick.) Dip the bear and chocolate. Let any excess drip off. Carefully place the candy on the parchment paper and remove tooth pick.
- Repeat until all gummy bears have been dipped or chocolate runs out. Place the baking sheet or tray in the fridge until the chocolate completely hardens.
- After the chocolate has hardened, use a sharp knife and cute any excess chocolate off the the gummy bears. Place in clear plastic bags with a "I Love You Beary Much" tag and share with your friends.
To make your Valentine’s Day treats even more festive, I created this adorable printable to top all of your treats.
If you are looking for something easy to do with the whole family, give these gummies a shot. If you are just looking for a sweet treat, be sure to make a batch too! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend filled with love.
What are you up to this weekend?