The past few weeks I’ve been pinning table decor, sharing recipes and tasting wines in preparation for Thanksgiving day. Tomorrow turkey day is finally here and I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on all of life’s blessings.
This year has been challenging, but I’ve been so thankful to have an strong support system of family and friends. Without all of these amazing people I would be lost. Instead, I have made great strides in living my best life despite having to deal with a chronic disease. Thank you to each and everyone of you who has called, emailed, visited, driven me around and said a prayer for me.
I am also so thankful for my husband, Chad. He has been beyond amazing helping me adjust to living with narcolepsy. He makes sure that I don’t over do it, but pushes me to my limits at the same time. He also constantly encourages me to do what I love. He listens to all of my crazy ideas, helps me out with projects and drives me to yoga. Thank you for all that you do for me, Chad.
Lastly, as cliche as this sounds, I’m thankful for this blog and all of you! I’ve met so many amazing bloggers this year and I’m so thankful for all of the connections I’ve made. Putting energy into Twin Stripe has been just what I needed as I adjusted to a different lifestyle. Everyone’s supportive comments meant so much to me when I shared my struggle this year and I knew that spending time blogging had been time well spent.
As you sit down to enjoy your Thanksgiving meal, be sure to take a few seconds to give thanks for all you have in your life. I hope you all have a wonderful day surrounded by family, friends and lots of delicious food!
Happy Thanksgiving week! Who’s hosting Thanksgiving this year? Chad and I typically travel for the holiday, so I’ve never hosted, but I can imagine that everyone puts a lot of energy into the menu and the table is forgotten until the last minute. Today I pulled together some free Thanksgiving printables for you to easily complete your Thanksgiving table look.
“Hello Fall” Printable, At the Picket Fence | Thanksgiving Placemat, Ella Claire Inspired | Utensil Holder, Craftaholics Anonymous | Thankfulness Cards, Lovely Indeed | Animal Placecards, Sweet Paul | Leftover Takeout Bag, Pizzazzerie | Leftover Pie Labels, Studio DIY | “Sweet Treats” Tag, The Tomkat Studio
I love the idea of thankfulness cards and am planning to print them out for my family’s Thanksgiving celebration. We all have so much to be thankful for that I love the idea of sharing it with those you love. Do you share what you are thankful for each Thanksgiving?
I wanted to share a quick peek of this Saturday’s #brightblogbash. It was a wonderful evening filled with friendship, cocktails and holiday cheer. I can’t wait to share more about the evening through Sara’s beautiful photographs. Enjoy your three day week!
Today is the last of the holiday gift guides and I’m ending with one of my favorite Christmas traditions – stockings! All of these stocking stuffers are budget friendly, all $15 and below. As usual, I selected items for everyone from babies (check out that donut rattle!) to adults to pups. Everyone deserves a little holiday cheer.
1. Donuts & Coffee Chocolate Bar, Compartes Chocolatier LA | 2. Geo Ornament, Furbish | 3. Ornament Lip Gloss, Sephora | 4. Heart Trinket Dish, Lulu & Georgia | 5. Bananagrams, Modcloth | 6. Donut Rattle, Poketo
7. Lumbersmack, Freaker | 8. Gingerbread Man Gourmet Dog Treats, TreatDreams | 9. Dress-up Wand, Pottery Barn Kids | 10. Cone of Shame Key Chain, cb2 | 11. Plaid Mug, Starbucks | 12. Gilded Amberleaf Mini Tin, Illume
I hope you enjoyed this year’s holiday gift guides. Start putting your shopping list together this weekend, Black Friday is a week from today. I’ll be sharing some more Thanksgiving content next week and then get ready for some fun holiday content all of December!
I’m so excited for this weekend – the #brightblogbash is finally here! Susannah and I have been planning for a few months and I’m excited to see it all come together. Be sure to follow along on Instagram for all of the fun. Enjoy your weekend!
Today’s gift guide features one of my favorite gifts to give around the holidays – food! With so many holiday parties coming up, having a few hostess gifts on hand is crucial and many of these items will fit the bill. I’ve included a mixture of different foods and related items that will delight your friends and family.
1. Pickle Packer’s Box, Copper Pot & Wooden Spoon | 2. Gluten-Free Baking for the Holidays, Jeanne Sauvage | 3. Peppermint Bark, The Apothecary’s Kitchen 4. Jam Jar Pie Variety Pack, Jam Jar Bakery | 5. Wood Cutting Board, AHeirloom | 6. Old North State Party Box, NC Made
7. Sweater Dog Spreader, West Elm | 8. Curious Chef Kid’s Pizza Set, Bed Bath and Beyond | 9. Clovis Nutcracker, Grandiflora 10. Eat Well Printed Napkins, Schoolhouse Electric & Supply | 11. Gilded Pretzel Bottle Opener, Anthropologie | 12. Camille Styles Entertaining, Camille Styles
These ideas are perfect alone or you could add a little something extra to accompany it. Gift the gluten free baking book to your best friend along with some holiday baking it, bring the dog spreaders to a cocktail party with crackers and dip, and gift your favorite little chef his first pizza set. Everyone is sure to love these gifts!
I’ll see you all back here tomorrow for the last gift guide, stocking stuffers!
Happy Wednesday! I hope you have been enjoying the gift guides so far this week. Today I’m featuring gifts for the creatives in your life from bloggers to art teachers to someone who is looking for inspiration in their daily life. Once again, none of these gifts are over a $100. Happy shopping!
1. Martha Stewart Crafts Neon Glitter, Michaels | 2. One Line A Day Memory Book, Waiting on Martha | 3. Neon Mix Knit Tablet Case, Leif | 4. Graphite camera strap, Fotostrap | 5. Bow Stamp Set, A Beautiful Mess | 6. Back Me Up Mobile Charger, Ban.do
7. Notepad To-Do List, Julie Ann Art | 8. Photo album, MochiThings.com | 9. Make it Happen, Lara Casey | 10. Social Necklace, Moon and Lola | 11. Flora & Fauna Memory Game, Anthropologie | 12. Birds of a Feather Notebooks, Rifle Paper Co.
As a blogger, I would be excited to receive any of these fun gifts. I can’t wait to read Lara Casey’s new book which will be out on December 30. It will be great food for thought for the new year. I’m also hoping to do a better job of documenting 2015, so I have some photo albums and accessories on my list to put together small memory books.
See you all back here tomorrow with a guide to great food gifts, perfect for hostess gifts!