A blender bottle is a plastic shaker container that has a circular metallic ball inside it that further helps to mix the contents of the bottle perfectly.
Blender bottles can be utilized to blend several drinks and liquids, for example, shakes, cold coffee, smoothies, salad dressings, and even different types of sauces. It enables you to create seamlessly blended drinks easily while saving electricity.
Remember to rinse the blender bottle after blending liquids because most blender bottles are made from BPA plastics that tend to absorb and retain the odor of the liquids with time. Planning to order a new blender bottle?
Check for the following points:
- Check whether it is leak-proof
- Check whether it is dishwasher safe
- Check whether the manufacturers have given side measurements
- Check whether it is BPA free
- Check whether it comes with an extra dry storage unit
So Why Do We Prefer Blender Bottles?
- Durable for portable use
- Easy to mix ingredients
- Quality construction for convenient support
- Saves electricity
- From pancakes to iced coffee, has versatile usability
- Customizable design according to personal preference
Going back to the question, “Are blender bottles dishwasher safe?”
Yes, 95 percent of the blender bottles are dishwasher safe.
All the pieces of the blender bottle are dishwasher safe but I suggest you to use the top rack of the dishwasher for the cup and the lid for better safety.
The blender ball with the coil whisk should be put in the silverware container while cleaning.
The blender bottle can also be cleaned manually by hand using warm water and mild soap.
Most users prefer to clean them manually by hand instead of putting it in the dishwasher. However, it is absolutely secure to pop them into the dishwasher provided that you are utilizing the top rack for the cup and the lid.
How to clean a blender bottle in a dishwasher?
Most blender bottles are dishwasher safe but still, you need to be careful with them. Here are a few tips that have personally helped me a lot to maintain and clean by a blender bottle.
- There are blender bottle manufacturers in the market that recommends laying the pieces of the blender bottle directly into the utensil tray of your dishwasher. Although blender bottles are durable I would suggest you to put it on the top rack with the lid and the cup.
- Check for any specific information regarding the direction of cleaning that came with your blender bottle. Go through the user’s manual provided with the packaging or the manufacturer’s website thoroughly before using the product.
- The blender bottle should never be rinsed with boiling or hot water. Neither can it be used to blend hot liquids. Blender bottles are not meant to bear high temperature. It should not be placed in the microwave under any circumstances. This is the reason I suggest everyone to place the pieces of the blender on the top rack instead of the bottom. This will protect your bottle from getting in contact with warm water evolving from the bottom of the dishwasher.
- As mentioned in the previous tip, blender bottles cannot withstand high temperatures. Remember to use lukewarm water instead of hot water while cleaning for odor and residues at the bottom. Hot water can damage your bottle.
- In general, as advised in most of the user’s manuals, only the insulated Radian must be cleaned manually by hand. But you can still clean all the pieces of the blender bottles using lukewarm water and mild soap. Don’t choose a soap or detergent that is very coarse and rough. This can damage the sides of the blender bottle.
One of the major problems that most customers face while using the blender bottle is that it often leaves an unpleasant smell.
Smoothies, protein shake, and even when there are leftover beverages in the blender bottle often leave behind a bad odor and residue at the bottom of the bottle.
They might stain the blender bottle even. This unpleasant smell and leftover residues by the protein and nutrition shakes cannot be completely eradicated by the dishwasher.
In such a scenario, I recommend you to try the following tips to get rid of the unpleasant smell.
- Fill up the blender bottle with lukewarm water and stir in a teaspoon of baking soda into it. Then add a quarter teaspoon of vinegar and let it foam. Let this mixture rest for at least ten minutes and remember to flip the bottle every minute. Rinse the mixture with lukewarm water and let it dry. This trick has helped me personally to remove foul smell and stinks from the blender bottle.
- Take a small portion of any paper and dampen it with lukewarm water or vanilla extract. Place the damp paper inside the blender bottle and let it sit for 24 hours. Rinse with tap water to permanently remove the smell.
- Soak some coffee grounds for 2 to 3 hours in water and then put them inside your blender bottle. Let it sit for 24 hours and then rinse well with tap water to remove the unpleasant smell from the blender bottle.
There are more such remedies and “Do It Yourself” available on YouTube that you can refer to, to get rid of foul odor.
Blender Bottle Pro Stack?
The Blender bottle Pro stack is a dishwasher safe, BPA free, and has side measurements that come with an extra 150cc dry storage container.
This is a 22-ounce blender bottle that can be washed in the dishwasher safely removing the lid and placing it on the top rack of the dishwasher.
The extra 150cc dry storage container that comes with the blender bottle is dishwasher save as well but it must be proffered with proper caution as it often tends to hold back the odor of the blending liquids after use.
The dry storage container should be rinsed with lukewarm water and mild soap, to ensure that it does not retain stains or hold back unpleasant smells.
For more information check it out on https://www.amazon.com/BlenderBottle-Shaker-Bottle-28-Ounce-Emerald/dp/B07C81Y38R/
Blender bottles have become an essential commodity for fitness enthusiasts as well as in regular households.
If you want to keep your blender bottles clean after each use, remember to rinse the blender bottle after blending liquids because most blender bottles are made from BPA plastics that tend to absorb and retain the odor of the liquids with time.
Make sure that you try to leave as less residue as possible inside the blender bottle.
Blender bottles are dishwasher safe so you need not worry about putting them inside a dishwasher to clean up.
I personally advise everyone to lay the pieces of the blender bottle on the top rack of the dishwasher instead of the bottom or middle rack so that it is exposed to the least hot water coming from the bottom.
Go through the user manual and manufacturer’s website properly to make sure you don’t apply anything too coarse and harsh on the bottle.
Blender bottles cannot withstand high temperatures.
Abstain from putting it in a microwave or blending hot liquids.
Use lukewarm water and, mild soaps while cleaning the blender bottle manually by hand to get rid of bad odor.
These precautions and maintenance will enable you to make your blender bottle last longer.