Whenever we think about Italian cuisine, there are definitely two dishes that are bound to strike us – one is the pizza and the other one is pasta!
It is making my mouth water even while just thinking about them.
But wait, if I begin talking about both of them, I will be in a spot. This article might go on and on and on and on. So, let me just limit myself to my favourite of the two- Pasta…..:)
Delectable, creamy, melt in the mouth, flavoured, spicy, all of these could be used to describe this dish, which I am sure no one would dislike.
And why would they?
When we take a perfect bite and all the flavours burst into our mouth, with the consistency and the texture of the pasta amicably complementing it, everyone would be longing for more.
Also there is no suitable time for enjoying a meal of pasta. Be it lunch, dinner or in the evening, I can form an excuse to hog on it without a pang of guilt;)
Nowadays almost all the countries are having their own customised version of pasta.
The ones that Americans have the most is the spaghetti( their staple one being spaghetti and meatballs).
Now I am about to impart some knowledge about our loved dish.
And why shouldn’t I ?
If we know more about a particular dish or cuisine, I feel that we can be closer to it and at the same time get to appreciate it in a better fashion.
So here we go.
Origin and meaning
According to a Greek translation, the word ‘pasta’ means ‘happiness’.
It is supposed to contain some certain amino acids that helps eliminate negative thoughts and aids in the formation of happy emotions:)
Another interesting fact is about the origin of this appetizing dish.
Pasta generally denotes the traditional Italian noodles, and is hence differentiated from all other types of noodles around the world.
But while we think that its roots belong to Italy, that might not be the case.
Pasta is considered to have an Asian origin and is likely to be the descendant of the Asian noodles.
It is believed that it was brought to Italy during the 13th century by Marco Polo from China. The mediterraneans are also believed to have carried the dish westwards.
Types of pasta
There are about 310 known shapes of pasta. It comes in two forms- fresh or dried.
Among the fresh ones are two major categories- pasta liscia or smooth and flat pasta; and pasta ripiena or stuffed ones such as tortellini and Italian dumplings which are called ravioli.
When the pasta is given different shapes, it is dried using hot air from a drying machine , and the time and temperature of it is determined by the type of pasta being made.
A Guide to the Best Pasta Pots in 2023
Calphalon Nonstick 8 Quart Multi-pot with Stainless Steel Pasta Insert
If we not only want to cook the perfect pasta, but also would like to cook delectable delicacies such as lobster, other seafood and steam vegetables, this pot is the perfect choice.
Even a mere glance at the product has to make us agree that it is made with great precision.
Featuring a stylish and aesthetic look, this pot can be used to steam and boil large quantities of food. The heavy gauge, hard anodized aluminium ensures even heating and unlike other heavy gauge metal pots, they claim to be dishwasher safe.
Also the quality of the metal ensures even heating and the multiple layer non-stick interior ensures easy cleanup of the vessel. It is also oven safe up to a 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- It weighs 3.7 pounds. The capacity of the pot is ideal for a medium sized family.
- Tall sides and narrow opening help to control evaporation while simmering soups and stocks.
- The stainless steel pasta insert helps to easily drain the water while cooking and boiling pasta. The steamer insert inside the multi-pot can be used to boil vegetables and other food stuff. The steamer also enables us to drain the water easily and hence minimises the risks for burns.
- The hard anodized aluminium ensures even cooking. The durable, triple layer, PFOA free nonstick interior does not allow food to stick on it.
- The see-through tempered glass lid enables us to monitor the food while cooking.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Dishwasher safe and also oven safe up to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Pleasant and aesthetic appearance.
- Good for health conscious people as it makes us use less oil.
- Can be used to steam vegetables and seafood as well.
- Easy to drain the water from the pasta.
- Oven safe.
- Easy to clean.
- Life-time warranty.
- In the past people have had some problems with the heating up of the handles.
- Sometimes washing in the dishwasher becomes a problem.
- The price is a bit on the higher side.
All in all, the advantages of using this product are many and hence it makes this stylish piece of cookware our best choice for a pasta pot.
All Clad Stainless Steel Pasta Pot and Insert Cookware
All Clad is a company that has been making reliable and well designed cookware and also has a wide range of pasta pots for catering to our cooking requirements.
Being made out of stainless steel, the pot is so designed that it not only facilitates easy cooking but also makes the task of cleaning it easier. It is generally suited for heavy duty use and boasts of being more durable than most of the other pots in the market.
If being used properly and handled with care, it can be passed around for generations, giving us the perfect taste and the feel of pasta.
This essential cookware can also be used for steaming and blanching of vegetables and seafood and hence can be used for multiple purposes.
- This pot weighs about 3 pounds.
- It is made entirely out of stainless steel. Being made of this material ensures durability, makes it easier to clean and also gives it a polished and a shiny appearance. The material also guarantees no reaction with the food while cooking.
- The base of the pot is made of thick aluminium that is warp resistant. This ensures even distribution of heat while cooking and the quick cooking of the food.
- It consists of 6 quarts and also has 4-quart stainless steel baskets which helps in the efficient draining of the water.
- Can be used over a normal burner as well as induction cooktops.
- The large loop handles make the task of carrying around the pot much easier.
- Because of its features, the risk of getting burns is minimised.
- The pot is dishwater safe.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The pot is also oven and broiler safe up to a temperature of 600 degree Fahrenheit.
- This pot is suitable for cooking meals for any size of groups.
- It consists of a magnetic base that facilitates induction cooking.
- The handles and the lid is made of stainless steel.
- Its polished surface makes it easy to get cleaned.
- Its durability makes it last for a long time.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- In the past there have been some disappointments about the quality of the material.
- There has also been some issue about the fitting of the parts.
- The material in a few cases has been found to rust.
So, the conclusion to be drawn is that the pros certainly outweighs the cons and because it is made by a trusted manufacturer such as All Clad, I would definitely recommend this product.
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel 4-piece 12-quart Pasta Steamer Set
The next product in line is this pasta and steamer set from Cuisinart. Having known to manufacture durable and reliable cookware for years, this product is also no different. Being ideal for use while cooking for large groups, this set of pasta steamers should definitely be one of our choices while looking for steamers for healthy cooking.
The steamer basket sits in the top part and can be used for steaming of vegetables and seafood and other food items.
The stainless steel body does not only give it a mirrored look and a shiny appearance but also ensures professional performance.
This product by Cuisinart is ideal for absolutely classic cooking techniques such as reduction of liquids, slow simmering and rolling boils.
- This pot weighs around 10.9 pounds.
- Being made of stainless steel the cooking surface does not discolour and react with food substances and alter flavours. The authentic taste of the food is preserved.
- The handles are made out of solid stainless steel that do not heat up on the cooktops. An extra helper handle is also provided that gives additional support and balance while lifting and pouring.
- An aluminium disk is encapsulated at the bottom between the two layers of stainless steel. It ensures even and quick heating and does not lead to the formation of hotspots.
- The deep pasta insert enables us to lift and drain our cooked pasta all at once, without the need of a colander.
- A tight fitting cover also seals in the moisture and nutrients while cooking for better results while cooking.
- Suited for use over induction cooktops.
- Dishwasher safe and is also oven safe up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Suited for cooking for small as well as large crowds.
- The stainless steel does not react with acidic foods and hence helps in the preservation of flavours.
- Can be used with a variety of ingredients.
- Ensures faster and even cooking.
- Rusting of the parts has been an issue with a few of the users.
- Some complaints have been there about a black material seeping into the water.
- Problems while functioning on an induction cooktop.
Cuisinart is a well known brand manufacturing kitchen products.
There are a few issues but a greater majority of the users have been quite satisfied with this product.
So the next time we want to steam and cook for our family, this product should be among our most sought out choices.
Cook N Home Stainless Steel 4-piece 8 quart Pasta Cooker Steamer Multipot
Appearing just like any other pasta pot, this one by Cook N Home is also one of a kind and does its job pretty well. Making the task of cooking pasta and other delicacies seem pretty simple, the comfort provided by this cookware by its 4 piece strainer, steamer and the drainer, is unmatched.
All the benefits that it provides comes at a pretty affordable price.
The steamer can hold large quantities of food, thereby making it ideal for all large as well as small crowds.
The ease with which the steamer can be inserted as well as lifted out from the pot protects us from burns and adds to the safety provided by the vessel.
Also the tempered glass lid along with the steam vent enables us to view the food with ease while cooking. So laying our hands on this product might be a wise choice.
- This pot weighs around 6 pounds. The size is perfect for medium sized families who would want to have a quick steaming.
- The pot is made of stainless steel. There is an aluminium disk layered in the bottom that ensures even heat distribution for uniform cooking of the food.
- The handles are also made of stainless steel and are riveted, which adds to their durability. The tempered glass lid with the steam vent enables us to view the food while cooking.
- The deep steamer insert can be used for holding a large amount of vegetables, proteins, etc.
- The pot has a mirror satin finish that gives it an aesthetic appearance.
- The aluminium bottom enables us to use it on electric, gas, glass, halogen, ceramic, etc. with ease.
- The pot is also dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The large steamer insert calls for the easy steaming of food with convenience.
- The riveted handles and the firm fitting of the components provides safety from burns. Also dishwasher safe.
- Lifetime warranty makes it a good investment for its affordable price.
- Compatible on various cooktops.
- Some users have complained about certain heating issues and faced a problem with the lid due to it.
- Some dark residue coming off has also been an issue in a few cases.
- Not oven safe.
So if we are looking for a pasta pot that will do its job fairly well and that too without leaving a pocket pinch, this pot might be our go to.
ExcelSteel 570 Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lids
If we want to take up a large cooking task and want to pick up a suitable cookware for it, this amazing stockpot set by ExcelSteel might be the one for us. This ExcelSteel 570 comes equipped with a variety of pasta pots to just set matters perfect for us. ExcelSteel company has also provided great importance to the health of all the customers and hence the pasta pots provided cooks by keeping intact the nutritional content of the food by steaming the ingredients, boiling and other healthy cooking techniques.
It helps us to go beyond preparing simple stocks and soups.
We can make homemade tamales, flavourful sauces, and so much more.
The aesthetic design of this set will definitely go hand in hand with all our other cookware.
Also we will be able to save the kitchen space because of its nested storage capability.
- This pot weighs around 7.8 pounds.
- Included in this set are three stockpots having 8 quarts, 12 quarts and 16 quarts cooking capacities.
- Having durability in mind, this stockpot set has been made with sturdy stainless steel and is lightweight too.
- Also has a well fitting lid that helps to lock in the moisture and keeps the temperature balanced.
- The securely riveted handles also add to the safety provided by the pots while handling and lifting them.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Compatible with induction cooktops.
- The high quality stainless steel adds to the durability of the product.
- Aesthetic appearance with a mirrored finish.
- Easy to use and store. Saves kitchen space.
- The riveted handles add to the stability of the product.
- Ideal for different cooking techniques.
- The stockpots of different capacities enable us to handle cooking for any number of people.
- There have been few issues regarding the thinness of the material and the burning of some ingredients.
- Not recommended for high heat cooking.
- Few cases of rusting.
Cabbage soup, seafood stock and many other soups and stocks can be made with the help of this set. This is a versatile tool to make complex and amazing dishes by anyone.
Being easy to use and store, this product provides a sense of reliability.
A few issues have been reported in the past but the performance of this set has satisfied the majority. With proper care, the lifespan of this set can be extended to aid us in cooking that perfect pasta for a long time.
ExcelSteel 12 quarts Multifunction Stainless Steel Pasta Cooker
This set by ExcelSteel is also a must have addition for any person in the kitchen who wants to cook that authentic pasta.
The ease that it provides while cooking for our family and friends is unparalleled. Its flexibility in usage and great versatility makes it the ideal kitchen while cooking for big and small families alike. We are able to make delicious and flavourful pastas, cook savoury meals and brew all the flavour enriched stocks and sauces to our heart’s content.
The stainless steel also adds to its aesthetic appearance and makes it compatible with all other kitchenware.
- This pot weighs around 5.4 pounds.
- This particular set is equipped with a pasta basket, cooker basket, steamer pot and a glass lid which is tempered.
- It is made of 18/10 stainless steel that ensures no acidic or any other chemical reactions take place with the ingredients and preserves the nutritional value of the food. It also protects it from rusting.
- The material makes it suitable for use over gas stoves, broiler and acceptance gas.
- It is provided with riveted, silicone covered handles and knobs. These provide a safe and a very convenient grip that adds stability while transporting the meals cooked.
- Also provided with a dribble free element that helps at the time of pouring the water from the pot.
- Also provided with an encapsulated base that helps in quicker and better cooking. It also aids in even heat distribution and improves our cooking experience.
- It is compatible for induction cooktops.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Is suitable for cooking for large crowds.
- Helps in the cooking and steaming of multiple ingredients.
- Encapsulated base aids in even cooking and prevents formations of hotspots.
- The riveted handles add to the safety provided by the pots.
- Very few cases have been reported about poor stainless coating on the pot.
- Very few cases about the burning of ingredients.
The riveted silicone handles being greatly appreciated by the customers for the safety it provides, this pot can be a worthy addition to our kitchenware.
The stainless steel adds to the durability of the product and upon proper usage, this set can be passed on for generations.
Enabling us to boil, steam and simmer to our heart’s content, we will not regret laying our hands on this product. This indeed is yet another amazing product by ExcelSteel.
Bialetti 07265 Oval 5.5 Quart Pasta Pot
Bialetti has carved out a niche for itself as being one of the best brands for manufacturing coffee machines.
This Italian brand has revolutionized the art of brewing coffee. Being an Italian brand it has been sought out as one of the most preferred choices for its high quality kitchenware showing simplicity with high functionality.
With their Italian passion and heritage, it is of no wonder that it also leads in manufacturing of pasta pots with innovative designs. This particular pot is available in 5 different colours, perfectly suited to fit into our kitchen.
Cooking pasta, vegetables, potatoes, spaghetti and a variety of other foods has been made a lot more easier through the innovative designs of this product. Its twist and lock lid with an inbuilt strainer makes it one of the most appreciated products as the choice for making pastas.
- This pot weighs around 3.5 pounds.
- The interior features a PFOA free non-stick surface that is quite easy to clean.
- The handles are made of bakelite which are heat resistant and also provide a convenient grip.
- It has a twist and lock lid along with a built in straining feature. The lid features a pour spout for convenient draining of excess water.
- The oval design helps the pasta and the spaghetti to fit in without any breakage.
- The aluminium construction ensures quick and even heating.
- Suitable to be used on electric, gas and ceramic stoves.
- Recommended to be hand washed with non-abrasive cleansers and liquid dishwashing soap.
- Safe to be used with nylon, silicon and wooden utensils.
- Not suitable to be used over induction cooktops.
- Comes with a warranty for 5 years.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- The oval design cooks the noodles without any breakage.
- The twist and lock lid provides safe cooking.
- The non-stick interior allows easy cleaning.
- The aluminum construction allows for quick and heating.
- Not dishwasher safe and cannot be used on induction cooktops.
- Few cases reported where the lid does not properly fit.
- Not oven safe.
Bialetti is a trusted brand in kitchenware and perfectly portrays its Italian heritage. Its advanced technology and innovative styling help to create cookware which are simple to use and serve our needs perfectly.
This particular pot is also no different and hence with their vibrant colour combinations will provide the chefs with the additional confidence needed to brew that perfect dish. This pot is trusted by many and will be a worthy addition to our kitchenware.
Farberware70755 Classic Series Stainless Steel 8 Quart Covered Straining Stockpot
This pot is yet another convenient choice for all the people who want to have that perfect piece of cookware. Being manufactured by Farverware, which boasts of performance, convenience and reliability over a century, this pot is one of their best creations.
The shiny exterior will definitely fit along with the style quotient of our kitchen.
The Farberware Classic Series has always combined technology with traditional styling, durability and quality and this cookware is no different.
- This pot weighs around 6.1 ounces.
- It is made of heavy duty classic stainless steel and its mirrored look gives it a classic touch.
- It has a straining stockpot lid with a built in colander that helps to strain the liquid directly from the food by simply twisting the lock to hold the lid in place.
- The base is made of an aluminium core and surrounded by stainless steel that allows for an even heating.
- The comfortable handles with an iconic styling provides a comfortable grasp. The phenolic handles stay cool even when the pot is hot.
- The thickly rolled pan rims also allow for safer handling of the dish.
- It is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Also dishwasher safe.
- Affordable price.
- The stainless steel construction adds to the durability.
- The phenolic handles are heat proof and provide a sturdy grip.
- The aluminum core leads to even heating.
- The strainer lid with a bell shaped colander.
- Oven and dishwasher safe.
- Affordable price.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Very few complaints about the rusting of the holes at the bottom of the colander.
- Few problems regarding the fitting of the lid.
Being manufactured by Farberware, which has been known for providing kitchen classics for generations to go, this product has all the necessary features to be a great addition to our kitchen.
With a stockpot and a colander rolled into one, this versatile Farberware 70755 Classic Series Stainless Steel 8 quart Stockpot will be a worthy buy for us.
Vonshef Casserole and Pasta Multipot
Vonshef Casserole- The primary purpose of this brand is to make the kitchen the favourite part of the household.
With a greatly versatile range of cookware for daily use and well as for cooking special dishes, Vonchef has a perfect solution for all.
It has provided us with a range of well designed contemporary cookware and has formed a position for itself.
With its non-stick copper interior , this particular cookware by Vonshef is the perfect stylish pot to make family sized casseroles, soups and so much more.
It also provides a hassle free cleaning.
It is absolutely ideal for home chefs who want to explore a hob to oven cooking.
- The pot weighs around 5.25 pounds. It has a large capacity of 5 quarts.
- It has a non-stick copper coloured interior. The non-stick double layer coating( which is PFOA and PFOS free) is extremely efficient in preventing the food from sticking and hence enables little to no oil cooking, thus catering to our health. It also makes the task of cleaning and washing so much easier.
- It has a built in strainer. It has a pouring spout on the rim and straining holes built into the lid, through which we can strain away the excess water right out of the pot, preparing the perfect pasta or rice.
- With an ultra tough aluminium body, it is highly durable and the riveted stainless steel handles ensure a firm and secure grip while carrying.
- It is suitable for oven cooking up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit. Also suitable for all types of induction with great quality.
- The company also provides a warranty upto 2 years, for which we have to register within 30 days of purchase of the product.
- Greatly versatile and oven friendly.
- Non-stick copper cooking does not let the oil stick on the surface and ensures healthy cooking.
- The built in strainer makes the task of getting rid of the water easy.
- Oven safe up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit and hence perfect for hob to oven cooking.
- Problems with the size for some users.
- Few problems while using it on induction cooktops.
This Vonshef Casserole and Pasta Multipot is yet another cookware that can help us in our task of cooking the perfect pasta.
With its stylish looks and great performance, this product is also top of its class and I can tell with surety that having this product will never make us feel regret.
Cook Standard Classic Cooker Steamer Multipots
This pot provided by Cook Standard is again one of the most sought out pots available in the market. Keeping the satisfaction of the customers as its primary concern, this brand does a fine job in producing cookware.
This particular set comes with a pasta insert, steamer insert( both of these are stackable) and also a lid. It can be used for cooking a variety of food such as pasta, potatoes and grains.
It is made of 18-10 stainless steel.
- This pot weighs around 9 pounds. The pan weighs the most at the bottom. The sides are a little thinner.
- It consists of a 12 quart stockpot, a pasta insert, a steamer insert and a stainless steel lid. The lid helps to heat the heat and the moisture within the pot. The deep steamer insert holds a large amount of vegetables.
- The aluminium disk at the bottom ensures even and quick heat distribution.
- The riveted handles add to the durability of the product and are heat resistant.
- Works quite well on gas, electric, ceramic , halogen and glass.
- Is induction cooktop compatible.
- It is also dishwasher safe. Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Customers can request for the warranty of the product either through Amazon or through the official website of the product.
- Reasonably priced for the quality it provides.
- Induction compatible. Sturdy and durable.
- A great capacity and used for cooking multiple food items.
- Oven safe and also dishwasher safe.
- Few cases of rusting.
- A little heavy to be lifted by some users.
All in all, this particular product by Cook Standard is definitely a good value for the price. Its superior design and functionality also make it one of the best pasta pots which are present in the market.
So these are a few of the pasta pots available in the market which are perfect in serving their purpose. Next time you want to make that perfect pasta, try using a pasta pot and I assure you that you will definitely see the difference and would use it all throughout the days to come.
How Is Pasta Made of ?
Pasta is made of a type of wheat called durum wheat, spelt and other types of flour and water, along with some additional products, that include eggs and sometimes spices.
The wheat used has a high gluten content and low moisture and is hence well suited for the production of pasta. It also increases the shelf life of pasta.
Flour and water is mixed to form an unleavened dough with no air pockets. The dough is then pressed into sheets and cut in various shapes.
Nutritional Content of Pasta
Pasta is rich in carbohydrates. It is a great source of energy. A 100 grams of pasta contains about 74.2 grams of carbohydrates.
Pasta also has the lowest amount of fats among food items, which is slightly greater for egg pasta.
The difference in the nutritional value of different types of pasta is brought about by the quality of the wheat flour used. It accounts for a difference in the amount of gluten and wheat proteins present. It also provides a healthy amount of proteins and also has certain quantities of iron, calcium, magnesium and certain essential vitamins.
Now, in order to enjoy a meal of pasta, it is of utmost importance that it has to be cooked to perfection. Then only we can have a wholesome experience.
One of the most important rules while cooking pasta is- to avoid overcooking. It can lead to disastrous consequences. The starch gets released and it swells up. Also the proportion of water, salt and pasta has to be perfect.
Why Get a Pasta Pot?
Cooking pasta can be a tricky task. Quite often, the starchiness causes some of it to stick to the sides of the pot, making those pieces soggy and hence not a choice to consume.
In order to help us make that perfect pasta, a solution can be obtained in the form of a pasta pot!
Some of you might be wondering as to what special features can a pasta pot probably have that would make us invest in it. But believe me, when I say that yes, it makes a lot of difference indeed.
Suppose you have all the right and the best ingredients for making a perfect meal of scrumptious pasta. You just have to make it in the right manner so that you can experience ecstasy while dining on it.
But while making, due to the wrath of the devil, something goes wrong and the pasta turns soggy and mushy. It is an absolute let down. Such times of absolute distress can be avoided by laying our hands on a well crafted pasta pot.
The pasta pots come with a non stick surface and are incredibly durable.
Some of them come with removable strainers, that make the task of separating the pasta from the water a lot easier. High quality pots are made out of heavy duty materials.
They are suitable for use in both professional kitchens and also in homes for the amateur cooks.
For your benefit, let me just lay down the broad points which can demonstrate why using a pasta pot is a wise thing to do.
Getting the Perfectly Cooked Pasta
The pasta pots are made up of such materials that help in the even distribution of heat and ensures that the pasta gets perfectly cooked.
Also they prevent the pieces from sticking on the walls of the vessel. The guidelines that come with the pots ensure that we get to experience the authentic taste of pasta.
The Chances of Experiencing Nasty Burns are Minimised:
One of the challenging tasks while cooking pasta is the draining of water after boiling the pasta.
People have to subject themselves to the risk of specially getting their arms burnt in case, while draining, the water splashes back.
Other forms of trouble include the pot slipping into the basin, thereby increasing the risk of getting burns, as well as the steam affecting our glasses.
A pasta pot can prevent all of these from happening. They come with either a basket or a strainer lid that easily helps us to get rid of the water after boiling.
All of us must have experienced this that while straining the boiled pasta, some of the pieces tend to get dropped into the sink.
No matter however cautious we are, some amount of the boiled pasta tends to get wasted. But the pasta pot can again come to our rescue.
It helps to properly hold the pasta in place while draining and in some cases, the pasta can also be removed from the water before carrying out the draining.
Not Only Caters to Pasta
The pasta pots are not only limited to the making of pasta alone.
Their features make them suitable for multiple purposes and can be used with other ingredients such as rice, meat and other ingredients for boiling and draining them.
The steaming baskets, that come with some of the pots, also have multiple uses.
So, a one time investment in a pasta pot can solve many of our problems and can ease down cooking for us.
What sort of a pasta pot to lay our hands on?
The pots available in the market are in plenty, and it is natural for us to get confused.
The pasta pot that we should get would definitely depend on our choices and the constraints that we put upon us.
Following are some of the factors that we can keep in mind while finding our perfect pasta pot.
The material should be of utmost importance
The material of the pot is a very crucial factor to be looked into. It determines whether the heat will be evenly distributed to the food being cooked inside and will also affect the time the food will take to get cooked.
Pasta pots made of high quality material should be preferred, as it also increases the life of the pots. Stainless steel, copper, cast iron and aluminium, are some of the materials used to make a pasta pot. Some of them are used to cook on a low flame, while some are a good conductor of heat.
So our choice should be based on the cooking method preferred by us and which material is best suited for that.
The amount that we can pitch in
Budget constraint is also another important aspect that one has to look into while making a choice. There are various pots with different specifications available, made out of different materials, and hence they vary in their prices.
What we can do(something I personally follow) is to look into the specifications we want and then compare the available pots of the different prices.
The capacity of the vessel(the amount it can hold)
It might seem as not such an important factor, but I do recommend to spare some thought into it.
Firstly it determines the time that the pasta will take to get cooked. And also if you have a big family with people who are ardent foodies or have guests visiting your place, then you might want to settle in for a pot, which can hold all the pasta, enough to satiate the taste buds of all those people.
But on the other hand if you have a small family, then getting a big pot would be a waste.
So taking a look at the capacity of the pot is somewhat important.
Additional equipment provided with the pot
The pasta pots are generally provided with some additional items that can aid in our cooking procedure. They enhance the basic features of the pot and make the cooking of pasta as well as other dishes more efficient. These equipments include straining baskets, add on steamers, heat proof ladles and handles and others.
Depending on our cooking method and our needs, we can focus on the pot that can serve all of them.
Reviews available on the various sites definitely aid us in making our choice.
While purchasing practically anything nowadays, that we are trying for the first time, we often tend to check the reviews.
Reviews help us in making informed choices as we want to hear from the customers about their experiences.
We want to know whether the claims of the seller are authentic or not.
Genuine user reviews on cooking experiences, durability and other features of the pot ease the minds while making the perfect choice.
I seriously hope that I am able to convince you that getting a pasta pot will be a wise decision that you can cherish for a long time.
Once you have experienced the ease of using one, trust me, you would never want to let it go.
And also, very importantly, it makes a considerable difference in the quality of the pasta that you make.
There are a vast number of pasta pots which are available in the market.
Before I can tell you about my personal favourites and give you a buyer’s guide that can make your task of getting a pasta pot easier, let me just give you some tips that can help you to use the pot in an efficient manner.
Some Useful Tips to Cater to While Using a Pasta Pot
- The amount of water to be used is very important. After placing the pan on the burner with the required water, we can add on a certain amount of salt to give taste to the pasta.
- The bottom of the pan should be ideally covered by the burner for even heat dissipation.
- When the basket or the colander is inserted into the pot of boiling water, we have to make sure that it covers the entire pasta.
- The pasta gets swollen when it gets cooked. We have to keep on checking the water level inside the pot and also keep on stirring with a non stick ladle to separate the pieces in case they get stuck. If at any time we feel that the level of water has decreased before the pasta gets completely cooked, then we have to add some additional water.
- At a certain time, we can check whether the pasta is cooked or not by taking a bite of a small piece, once it gets cooled.
- Once we are happy with the consistency, we can take the boiled pasta out of the pot. Depending on the pot that we have purchased, we can either remove the basket from the water or drain it by putting on the perforated lid of the pot.
- And now comes the final step. We can prepare the pasta with whatever sauce suits our taste and then just relish it. Mamma mia!
And now let me tell you about a few of the most preferred pasta pots .
The pots have distinguishing features and are all different from the other.
So you can go through them and then make your choice.
Common Problems in Using Pasta Pots
There are a few problems that people sometimes face while using a pasta pot.
Let me talk about a few of the most commonly faced ones.
This usually occurs in pots made of stainless steel. It can be gotten rid of by using non-abrasive cleansers. It can also be gotten rid of by washing it with vinegar and cooking highly acidic food such as tomato sauce.
The pots should be immediately dried after washing to avoid them. If it occurs we can do the following. At the spot of the stain, wetting the spot is the first step. Then it has to be scrubbed with a sponge along with baking soda and then rinsed.
Sometimes they tend to get formed on the steel surface due to reaction with calcium. They can be gotten rid of by boiling a mixture of vinegar and water in the pan in the ratio of 1:3 inside the pot and later rinsing it.
All these cookware need to be used with care if they are to be used for a long time.
Pasta is a dish that is loved by all and cooking it to perfection is an art.
The pasta pots are coming to our help in this task and hence we need to handle all the cookware with care if we are to continue using it to make that perfectly delectable pasta that is loved, relished and enjoyed by all.