If you own or are planning to own a commercial kitchen, then you must know everything there is to know about ducts and vents. Proper ventilation is essential in any commercial kitchen because of the highly flammable materials present in its daily life. Aside from knowing about these ducts, you should also know about the proper maintenance and cleaning of these ducts through https://www.accessdoorsandpanels.com/fire-rated/grease-duct/.
What is a Fire-rated Access Panel?
If you’ve already heard about access panels, you might already know what a fire-rated one is. These types of access panels are just like access panels you see in the market, but the only difference is that they were made and tested for fire-resistance ratings. A fire rating will vary for different types of fire-rated doors and the materials they come from, but all these doors undergo testing to meet specific requirements and to get the proper label. These access doors’ fire rating can be between 20-180 minutes. Here is additional information about fire-rated doors:
- Underwent testing for Fire-Rating
- They merely resist fire and heat, not extinguish them
- They help lessen casualties in case of fire
- They help reduce property damage in case of fire
- They are easy to install
These are just some of the main benefits of having a fire-rated access door to access your ducts. If it is not a requirement in your area, you will still be glad to choose the fire-rated access door for your commercial kitchen ducts.
Why Choose a Fire-rated Access Panel
When it comes to access panels, the fire-rated ones will give you the most benefits. Not only because it comes from heavy-duty materials but it is also because of its added fire-resistance features. A fire-rated access door is a requirement in places where fire risk tends to be higher, like commercial kitchens and industrial buildings that deal with flammable materials. Aside from fire safety codes, here are additional reasons to choose a fire-rated access door.
- Safety and Security: The main benefit you will be getting when you choose a fire-rated access door is the additional safety and security that come with it. These types of access doors are made from robust materials to ensure the protection and safety of your building components while simultaneously ensuring safety externally in case something goes wrong within your components.
- Heavy Duty: These access doors are one of the heavy-duty access doors available in the market, and you can find them easily because of their high demand. You would not have to worry about these access doors malfunctioning a few months or weeks after you install them as they are known to last a long time and withstand specific heat and fire temperatures.
- Long Lasting: Because of their heavy-duty make and design, you can expect these access doors to last a long time. When it comes to access doors, aside from those made specifically for heavy-duty performances, the fire-rated access doors are next when it comes to long-lasting.
- Easy Installation: With all these benefits, you might think installing these access doors will take time. It is effortless to install, and you can find them for vertical and horizontal installations.
These are just a few reasons you should choose the fire-rated access panels for your commercial kitchens, aside from adherence to fire-safety codes within your area, if there are any. Ensure a safe and productive kitchen environment by ensuring the safety of your employees.
Know About Access Points
If you plan to install an access door for your commercial building, you should know about the access points. It will help you determine where to install the access door and what size or material you prefer that will meet all your needs. It will also help you choose the one that meets your requirements, so you can save time and money by replacing these access panels.
The main problem you will be facing when it comes to commercial kitchens is grease build-up which increases the fire risk in the area. Without proper ventilation, this grease will be highly flammable, and because kitchens produce daily heat, you can find yourself in a hazardous situation. The grease can even build up inside your kitchen vents, so ensuring that you have the appropriate access points for cleaning and maintenance is essential.
This is where fire-rated grease duct access panels come in handy. They will provide protection and security and can also increase safety by ensuring an access point. It is essential to remember that horizontal ducts should have a big opening, at least a 20×20 inch opening so that personnel can fit inside. Vertical ducts should have one on each floor.
Regular Maintenance and Cleaning
Before choosing an access panel to install, you need to know about regular maintenance and cleaning and ensure it is possible. These ducts are essential to ensure that your building is safe from sudden combustible materials and that your kitchens remain functional for a long time. Here are some benefits when regularly maintaining and cleaning your kitchen ducts.
- Long lasting ducts
- Lesser fire-risk
- Safe and clean kitchen
- Functional kitchen
It will also help you if you know how much grease and heat your kitchen accumulates every day. If your kitchen functions 24/7, you should always clean your ducts regularly to avoid any problems, especially a fire breaking out. Knowing the productivity of your kitchens can also help you determine how many fire-rated access panels you will need to install and how big they should be.
Choose the Right One For You
When choosing an access door for your kitchen ducts, choose one that meets all safety and maintenance requirements. While it may seem expensive from the get-go, the benefits will eventually have you thinking about how much of a reasonable investment a fire-rated access door is. Keep your commercial kitchens safe, functioning, clean, and with lesser fire risk by choosing the right fire-rated grease duct access door.