With the hope of spring temperatures on the horizon, I decided to give my home a spring upgrade this weekend. I pulled my floral monogram ‘W’ wreath out of storage and hung it on the front door. I also pulled together a wreath to hang over the mirror in my living room that I am excited to share with you today.
This versatile wreath only took me about an hour from start to finish, including hanging up the wreath. It will bring a burst of fresh life into your home after so many long winter days. I easily found all materials at a local craft store for around $15. Click through to learn how to put this simple, yet beautiful wreath together.
- Grapevine Wreath
- Wire cutter
- Mixed faux greens (ferns, eucalyptus, etc.)
- Small flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Floral wire
1. Begin the wreath by fashioning the bouquet of greenery. All of my pieces were attached to a larger bunch, so I started by cutting a few fern leaves off and arranging them tip to tip. Make sure to hold your ferns up to the wreath to make sure they are the right length for your wreath – I let mine hang down about an inch or so on either side. When I had the length correct, I hot glued the ferns together in the middle so they would stay in place.
2. Next, I added eucalyptus branches and one small spray of white cherry blooms to my bouquet. When I was happy with the arrangement, I tightly secured the pieces with floral wire.
3. Secure the greenery to wreath with floral wire and add a bow. As you can see, I made a last-minute decision to change my ribbon out. I started with a thinner satin ribbon, but I ended up going with a thicker wired ribbon that worked much better with the wreath.
4. If you plan to hang your wreath over a mirror, loop a piece of ribbon through the top of the wreath so it is easy to hang. If you plan to hang it on a door, you can add a small piece of looped floral wire to the back so it easy to hang on your front door and welcome spring!
A new spring wreath for your door or inside is a great way to accessorize your home for a change of seasons.
What will you updating this spring?
What type of projects to you have going on?
I hope you all enjoyed a lovely weekend! We finally had a few warm days, so we were able to take Hobbes on a nice long walk. We also rented Whiplash, which I highly recommend! Have a great week!